Located at Sun City’s casino, the elegant four-star Sun City Hotel is the hub of entertainment at Sun City.
This hotel is often referred to as the Main Hotel, because the Sun City Hotel and Casino was the first hotel to be built when the resort was established. This 4-star Sun City accommodation establishment is located right at the heart of the Sun City resort and is conveniently central to all the activities and things to do at the resort.
There are many good reasons to choose the Sun City Hotel and Casino to stay at, rather than any of the other accommodation options at the resort:
- Staying in the rooms and suites of the Sun City Hotel, brings you near the Sun City Casino and keeps you close to all the action.
- The hotel is situated on the edge of the world-famous Gary Player Golf Course and the 340 rooms all face the pool and lake.
- The accommodation at Sun City Hotel comprises 6 luxury suites, 2 presidential suites, 14 ground floor luxury rooms, 20 superior luxury rooms, 36 ground floor superior luxury family rooms, 53 superior luxury family rooms, 85 luxury family rooms, 120 luxury twin rooms, as well as 4 paraplegic suites.
- Your stay here is further convenient, because there is a free shuttle service every 15 minutes that can take you to the Valley of Waves, the Entertainment Centre or any other activities within the resort.
- This Sun City accommodation is ideally suited for delegates attending conferences at the resort.
- Bookings for accommodation at the Sun City Hotel can be made securely online.
The accommodation types available at the Sun City hotel are diverse enough to cater for any possible need.
They range from special accessible rooms, to luxury twin rooms, luxury family rooms, superior luxury rooms, superior luxury family rooms, ground floor superior luxury rooms, ground floor superior luxury family rooms, luxury suites and a presidential suite.
Standard Room Services that are available at all the rooms include the following:
- Free Wi-Fi
- An a la carte breakfast is available
- Guests get complimentary access to Valley of Waves
- An ironing and laundry service (at a surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (24-hours per day)
- Newspapers on request
- Turndown service
Standard Room Features include the following:
- Flat screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Universal plug points (voltage 220/240V)
- Blackout curtains
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Lake and swimming pool views
Apart from convenient four star accommodation, the following general hotel services are available at the Sun City Hotel:
- Free Wi-Fi
- A 24-hour reception desk
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Daily newspapers
- Free parking on-site
- Complimentary shuttle service in resort
- Outdoor pool
- It is a non-smoking hotel but there are designated smoking areas throughout
- Interleading rooms are available
The Sun City Convention Centre
The Sun City Convention Centre is located on the upper level of Sun Central and boasts a selection of boardrooms, breakaway spaces, state-of-the-art technology and dining facilities.
The Sun Park is a conference venue which is perfect for diverse and large-scale events, since it allows for tailored, interactive and vibrant banqueting. Sun Park gives users the flexibility to design a conference, exhibition, festival or expo to suit their exact needs since its modular design allows for it to be transformed into any needed configuration.
Its cost-effective construction comprises ultra-modern amenities, flexible configurations and decor, and private venues with state-of-the-art technology, ultra-modern amenities and hi-tech facilities.
There is a wide choice between Sun City conference venues from a selection of intimate conference rooms, to outdoor venues, safari-inspired spaces and more.
Most venues have beautiful views, outdoor spaces, private dining and are intimate and inviting.
Sun City’s variety of boardrooms and breakaway conference rooms provide a unique environment to host strategy and training sessions, workshops and more and are renowned for its state-of-the-art technology, ultra-modern amenities, and world-class facilities.
Sun City has long been known for hosting the most spectacular events in South Africa. Sun City’s events span the gamut of family entertainment, sporting, and lifestyle, and have hosted some of the biggest names in entertainment, including Elton John, Sarah Brightman, Queen, and Michael Bublé.
There’s always something to do at Sun City, whether you’re into music concerts or beach parties, dancing to the hypnotic beats of South Africa’s hottest DJs or taking the kids to the movies.
Keep in mind that the resort is going cashless! Tap, swipe, scan, or use your Leisure Points to pay around the resort for your convenience and safety.
Sun City has hundreds of activities to choose from. Sun City has something for everyone, from family fun to adrenaline-fueled adventures.
Top things to do in Sun City are:
- There are two world-class golf courses for people who like to play the game.
- There are a lot of exciting things to do for people who like to live on the edge.
- Sun City is great for families because it has so many fun things for kids to do.
- Spend the day at Sun City’s Valley of Waves’ man-made beach.
- The Maze of the Lost City is the biggest permanent maze in the southern half of the world.
- On a safari in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, people can see the “Big 5.”
- The Sun City Casino has a huge number of slot machines and table games.
- You can go on the world’s fastest zip line, float above the Big 5 in a hot air balloon or spend a romantic night with your special someone.
The Welcome Centre is the place to visit for expert advice on the most popular attractions and best things to do in and around Sun City Resort.
Guests can experience the coolest entertainment under the sun at Sun Central.
For those who like exciting nightlife, Sun City’s new Sports Bar, Vibes and rocking night club, Encore situated inside Soho will give just that.
Valley of Waves, Sun City’s world-class water park offers a myriad of water slides and blood pumping activities.
The Maze of the Lost City is described as the largest permanent maze in the Southern Hemisphere and imitates an ancient archaeological discovery.
Sun City’s sport and fitness facilities offer the perfect mix of fitness, fun and relaxation on your active holiday.
For all your pampering and beauty requirements during your Sun City vacation, visit the Royal Salon wellness spa or the Gary Player Health Spa.
Family and Kids Entertainment galore can be found at Kamp Kwena to Finders Keepers, offering a world of family entertainment and a huge selection of fun and educational kids’ activities.
Sun City shopping means that you can buy clothes, sweets and swimwear all without leaving the resort. There’s also a pharmacy and much more.
Sun City welcomes day visitors. There’s much to see, do and explore, from the sparkling Valley of Waves to The Maze of the Lost City.
For overnight guests, quoted rates can include:
- Luxury, central accommodation
- Flavourful breakfast
- Tourism levy
Payment for the first night’s accommodation is required to guarantee a reservation and can be cancelled without penalty until 48 hours before arrival.
In case of cancellation within 48 hours of arrival or no show, the deposit paid will be forfeited.
Peak season bookings have a 7 day cancellation policy. In case of cancellation within 7 days of arrival or no show, the deposit paid will be forfeited.
Peak season includes the period over Christmas and New Year, as well as the Easter holiday periods.
- Can one visit Sun City as a day visitor?
Sun City welcomes day visitors. There’s much to see, do and explore, from the sparkling Valley of Waves to The Maze of the Lost City. Adults and children have to pay an entry fee when arriving at the Sun City Resort before getting to Valley of the Waves and other attractions.
- Are there conference facilities at the Sun City Hotel?
Yes, the conference facilities at Sun City Hotel are perfect for diverse and large-scale events, since it allows for tailored, interactive and vibrant banqueting. Sun Park gives users the flexibility to design a conference, exhibition, festival or expo to suit their exact needs since its modular design allows for it to be transformed into any needed configuration.
- Is the Game Drives included in the quoted rates for Sun City Hotel?
No, the rate includes luxury, central accommodation, breakfast, VAT and a Tourism levy.
- Can you see the Big 5 during a visit to the Sun City Hotel?
Yes, you can see the Big 5 if you take a game drive into the Pilanesberg National Park.
- Is Sun City Hotel easily accessible?
Yes, the Sun City Hotel is located about 2 hours’ drive from Johannesburg.
- Is Sun City Hotel child-friendly
Yes, the Sun City Hotel has luxury family rooms as well as superior luxury family rooms and a variety of activities aimed at families and children.
- Are there other activities than game drives to keep guests entertained?
Yes, several other activities including walking safaris, game drives, boma dinners, quad riding, spa treatments, golf and of course the famous Valley of Waves.