Tambuti Game Lodge
Tambuti Game Lodge combines contemporary elegance with the ultimate in safari luxury, as well as prime Big 5 game viewing in the Black Rhino and Pilanesberg Game Reserves. The Black Rhino Game Reserve is only two hours from Johannesburg and is a malaria-free game reserve.
Morning and afternoon game drives in an open 4-wheel drive safari vehicle with an expert guide allow you to see Africa’s most impressive wildlife within the Big Five Black Rhino Game Reserve.
The Black Rhino Reserve is a private game reserve on the north western edge of the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. The sweet veld vegetation of this lower-lying reserve complements the predominantly mixed sour veld vegetation of the Pilanesberg, a type of habitat known to be home to a diverse range of game species such as elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion, and leopard.
The reserve has its own private entrance on the reserve’s western side.
The reserve is notable for sightings of the shy and scarce black rhino. The area is a birding paradise, with over 350 recorded bird species.
Tambuti Lodge’s spectacular game drives in open safari vehicles provide incredible photographic opportunities.
Tambuti Lodge is nestled among an extensive, age-old grove of Tambuti trees at the foot of an extinct volcanic crater. This exclusive Lodge provides visitors with prime Big 5 game viewing opportunities as well as the opportunity to explore the pristine wilderness of the Pilanesberg National Park and Black Rhino Game Reserve with expert rangers.
Tambuti Lodge’s five luxurious suites have each been individually furnished to reflect the spirit of the species after which it is named – lion, elephant, rhino, hippo, and zebra. With no expense spared to ensure your comfort, each suite includes a sunken bath, indoor and outdoor showers, and a private deck from which you can enjoy the tranquil surroundings while observing the resident bird- and wildlife.
This elegant Lodge is known for its superb home-cooked cuisine, five-star service, and contemporary Afro-chic décor, while its secluded location ensures an unforgettable African safari experience.
Enjoy bespoke luxury accommodation with high-quality furnishings. From your private outside sitting area, take in the peace and tranquillity of the surrounding bush.
Tambuti Lodge has five luxury suites, each with modern elegance and quality furnishings. Surrounded by striking Tambuti trees, all of the suites offer bush views and privacy. Each is air-conditioned and has an en-suite bathroom with twin hand basins, a bath, indoor and outdoor showers, a separate toilet, and a private patio.
The two pool view suites are named the Zebra and Hippo suites.
The Zebra Pool View Suite includes a luxury bedroom with a king-size bed, double vanities, a toilet, a bath, an indoor and outdoor shower, and a refrigerator, a private deck with an outside kitchenette, two chairs, and a table.
The Hippo Pool View Suite includes a luxury bedroom with twin beds, double vanities, a toilet, a bath, an indoor and outdoor shower, and a refrigerator. It also has a private deck with a bar fridge and an outdoor kitchenette, as well as two chairs and a table. On the deck, there are two pool loungers.
The two Bush View Suites are the Elephant and Lion suites.
Elephant Bush View Suite features a luxurious bedroom with a king-size bed, a sleeper couch, double vanities, a toilet, a bath, and an indoor and outdoor shower. The private deck has an outside kitchenette and a bar fridge, as well as chairs and a table for seating.
Inside the Lion Bush View Suite, there is a luxury bedroom with twin beds, double vanities, a toilet, a bath, an indoor and outdoor shower, and a fridge. Two chairs, a table for seating, and two pool loungers are provided on the private deck.
The Rhino Honeymoon Suite offers a luxury bedroom with king size bed, a sleeper couch, double vanities, toilet, bath, indoor and outdoor shower and fridge inside the suite. A private deck boasts a jacuzzi and kitchenette accompanied by chairs and a table for seating and a wooden bench.
Other luxuries include Bathrobes and slippers, overhead fan, air conditioning, DSTV bouquet, bar fridge, tea and coffee station, hair dryer and a safe.
The range of facilities at Tambuti Game Lodge include the 5 suites that can accommodate a maximum of 10 people per night, a swimming pool, TV lounge with fireplace, bar, boma, free Wi-Fi and a library with a wide range of books and DVD’s.
Enjoy a private dinner in your suite or dine by the light of an open fire while listening to the sounds of the bush at night. Discuss the day’s sightings with fellow guests while enjoying our delectable cuisine in the company of new friends.
Delectable meals served in ambient settings will round out your dining experience with delightful flavours. Even your taste buds can unwind at Tambuti Lodge, which serves only the best home-cooked meals to satisfy your palate.
On morning and afternoon game drive in an open 4-wheel drive safari vehicle with an expert guide, you can see Africa’s most impressive wildlife, including the renowned Big 5.
Sun City Attractions include the Valley of the Waves – Sun City’s well-known hub for water-related activities. This iconic Sun City water park has something for everyone, with water activities that appeal to adventurers of all ages.
Other activities that you may like, include:
- A thrilling quad crawl through a 44-challenge circuit. Challenges are similar to those found at 44 events.
- Sun City has two excellent golf courses for golf enthusiasts. Choose between two world-class golf courses designed by Gary Player that offer distinct experiences.
- Segaetsho Cultural Village – Providing a glimpse into the vibrant and colourful tapestry of Tswana culture. Segaetsho Kiosk also sells custom-made African artefacts.
- Lazy River provides a nonstop, gentle tube ride around an island.
- Hovercrafts – Float around a track designed to test the unique driving experiences of a hovercraft.
- Zip 2000 – is the fastest zip line in the world. The Zip slide, located in Sun City Resort, offers tandem and solo riders a 2 km-long flight at speeds of up to 160 km/h.
- At the Crocodile Village you can experience the thrill of watching a feeding frenzy at the crocodile park which offers unique and educational kids’ activities.
- Archery is a sport that requires precision and concentration. The guides will show you how to best utilise the bow’s power. Hitting the target is a satisfying feeling.
- Bring your binoculars and camera to see some of the more than 300 bird species that can be found in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. The large raptors are fascinating, but the smaller species’ detail and colour are equally so.
- Capture images of the park’s beauty and wildlife, including the Big 5, during a game drive with the assistance of your rangers and guides.
- Quad Bikes – an excellent method for navigating rough terrain. Quad bike tours are accompanied by expert guides and are suitable for even the most inexperienced riders.
- A hot air balloon ride over the Pilanesberg National Park is an incredibly peaceful experience. There will be no turbulence, and the only noise will be the occasional firing of the burner.
Rates are inclusive of 15% VAT and quoted in South African Rand per person sharing per night. A 10% surcharge applies over peak times – Christmas and New year inclusive.
Single occupancy rooms incur a 25% surcharge on the rate.
Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted at Tambuti Lodge.
Children 16 years and older will need to be accommodated in their own room at the applicable adult rates (a single supplement applies).
There often are Special Offers for SA Residents!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- High tea before afternoon game drive
- All drinks including local wines, spirits, teas, coffees, soft drinks and mineral water
- 2 daily game drives in open safari vehicles
- Laundry service
- Wi-Fi internet
- Conservation Fee
- Pilanesberg National Park Excludes
Quoted rates excludes:
- Gratuities for Staff
- Gratuities for Guides
- Telephone Calls
- Imported Drinks
- How big is Tambuti Game Lodge?
Tambuti Lodge has only five luxury suites.
- Can you see the Big 5 during a visit to Black Rhino Lodge
Yes, morning and afternoon game drives in an open 4-wheel drive safari vehicle with an expert guide allow you to see Africa’s most impressive wildlife within the Big Five Black Rhino Game Reserve.
- Is Tambuti Game Lodge easily accessible?
Tambuti Game Lodge is located in the Black Rhino and Pilanesberg Game Reserves. The Black Rhino Game Reserve is only two hours from Johannesburg and is a malaria-free game reserve.
- Is Tambuti Game Lodge child-friendly?
No, children under the age of 16 years are not permitted at Tambuti Lodge and children 16 years and older will need to be accommodated in their own room at the applicable adult rates (a single supplement applies).
- Are there other activities than game drives to keep guests entertained?
Yes, several other activities including walking safaris, game drives, boma dinners, quad riding, spa treatments, archery classes, and hot air balloon rides, to name but a few.